We realize that some people like to stay active.
BearPaw Ranch has the following to keep you busy on the ranch!
- Playground for the kids
- Horseshoe pits
- Farm hand for the day – Guests can help us collect fresh chicken eggs, bottle feed a baby cow, feed the pigs, feed / groom horses
- Horseback rides ($10 per ride per person) we call these pony rides. You or your children get the opportunity to ride the horse while we guide the horse around the property. (TEMPORARY NOT AVAILABLE)
- 5 km of hiking / horse trails on the property that includes a scavenger hunt. Find all the items and get a prize from the LoveLight Creations Store on site!
- Scavenger Hunt
- LoveLight Creations Rock, Gem, Fossil, and Crystal Store!
- We are currently in the process of creating a petting zoo for all to enjoy. Due to COVID this is taking longer then expected. Depending on your time of stay will depend on if its available
Were you wondering what’s nearby?
Here is a list of other fun things to do with in 45 minutes from
- Drayton Valley Horse Club: Take your horse and ride on the 20 km of horse trails along the Pembina River. Want to ride for charity? Participate in their annual ride for cancer. For more information check out their website:
- Pembina River Tubing: Floating down the river, you will enjoy the 62 meter gorge created from the Ice Age, various wildlife, and the joy of relaxing while the current drifts along this amazing and winding river. Their service will provide you with tube and life jacket rentals, as well as a shuttle service to bring you back to your vehicle. For more information check out their website:
- Air Adventure Flight School: Learn to fly a Trike, Paramotor or go Paragliding. Single or Group rates available!
- Seba Beach Ice Cream Stop and Mini Golf: Head to Seba Beach and hang out for the day off the bank of Wabamun lake. Once you are done sun bathing check out their ice cream shop, mini golf, and inflatable castle! It will be fun for the whole family.
- Brazeau Dam: Enjoy the wild life, bird watching, fishing, and geo catching
- Drayton Valley Golf Club: A beautiful course with tree lined fairways and bent grass greens awaits. Each hole is unique, providing a variety of vistas and challenges for golfers of all skill levels.
- Alberta Farmers Markets: Do you enjoy traveling around and finding local hand made treasures. Check out the farmers markets in Drayton Valley, Entwhistle, Seba Beach and more!
- Drayton Valley indoor Pool: Located at 5030 -48th Street, Park Valley Pool is a well-maintained indoor swimming pool. It’s 25 metres long with five swimming lanes, and it features a ramp entry into a wading area, two slides, a Tarzan rope, a hot tub and a viewing area with concession machines. It truly has something for everyone.
- Drayton Valley Paddling Club: Canoe or kayak down the Pembina River or North Saskatchewan River!
- Brazeau ATV Club – A safe and enjoyable family riding experience with a focus on preserving the environment for future generations!